For years The Brough Law Firm has trained local government boards, officials and staff in all aspects of local government law.
COMMON TOPICS INCLUDE:
• An Overview of Municipal Government
• Parliamentary Procedure for Small Boards
• Zoning Basics
• Board of Adjustment Basics
• Historic Districts and Historic District Commissions
• The Planning Board
• Quasi-Judicial Procedure
• Best Practices in a Council-Manager Form of Government
• The Regulation of Small Cell Wireless Antennas
• Recent Changes in Federal and North Carolina Law
(including the new G.S. Chapter 160D)
We can also customize a training module to the needs of a specific local government.
We now offer this service for a flat fee, which varies depending on the length and complexity of the topic presented. Please contact us if would like to discuss scheduling a training.